Shown here: completely overhauled gearbox (4BVH & 5BVM).
The gearboxes are:
- machine-cleaned with cold degreaser
- further cleaning by hand
- gear wheels, synchronised gears and crown wheel and pinion are all inspected for damage, wear and rust
- all 8 bearings are replaced
- reassembly including adjusting crown wheel and pinion, fitting primary shaft, adjusting differential, fitting differential shaft journals, replacing top lid (+ adjustment BVH)
- testing on a test bench specially developed by HML
- filled with special gearbox oil EP80 and fitted with new, yellow passive coated bolts, nuts and brackets.